Mary Help of Christians Catholic School’s mission is to provide a safe, nurturing, creative and Christ centered environment to fully develop each child’s God-given talent. We are committed to “teach as Jesus did”, so all students may become productive members of their family, Church, and society.
Mary Help of Christians Catholic School, as a Roman Catholic institution, will continue developing as an academic institution for Christian formation and premier elementary school by enhancing its spiritual, curricular, guidance counseling, fine arts, and athletic programs.
Our Belief Statements
We believe each member of the Mary Help of Christians community has a duty to nurture the Gospel values of honesty, sincerity, responsibility, loyalty, cooperation, and respect for authority. These values will enable our students to develop their self- esteem, make mature and moral decisions, and become responsible, contributing citizens.
We seek to achieve these objectives through an ongoing cooperative relationship with the parents, teachers, and through the curriculum – all rooted in the Roman Catholic Church and its principles.
Our Primary Goals
- To develop an awareness of God’s love within each child and an understanding of his/her role within the Church through daily prayer, religious instruction and sacred liturgies held by the individual classes or the entire school community;
- To encourage leadership qualities, decision-making skills, and responsibility towards oneself and others;
- To provide opportunities for each student to work with his/her teachers and peers for the development of meaningful personal relationships, human communication, Christian virtues and service, and leadership through classroom activities and extra-curricular programs;
- To implement and monitor programs that encourage and provide opportunities for students to become involved in family, parish, school or community-based service activities;
- To develop each student’s capacity for moral reasoning; for comprehending the possible consequences of their actions and accepting responsibilities for those actions; and for identifying the level of morality of the people that live with them and influence them;
- To advocate family participation in the education process by promoting active parent involvement in their child’s academic, social and spiritual growth;
- To provide stimulating academic opportunities through the development of a course of studies made available by the Diocese and State Department of Education, so that the child’s placement in our highly technical society will be made with confidence and ease;
- To employ a professional and creative teaching staff dedicated to providing a safe, civil and caring environment in which each child is encouraged to learn and grow;
- To meet the needs of each child by identifying his/her individual differences, accepting their unique abilities, and providing effective learning programs tailored to their specific learning styles;
- To enhance each child’s appreciation for cultural events and the arts through field trips, special programs and activities, and to extend their interest and concern beyond themselves and into society